Ginger is a very popular root due to its remarkable characteristics.
It is native to China, and in general, it is used as a spice. This amazing plant can also serve as an addition to drinks, such as the ginger ale drink, or in ginger biscuits and gingerbread.
However, apart from its unique taste, it offers many other health benefits. Namely, if you chew it, you will trigger your appetite, and stimulate the digestive juices.
Moreover, ginger can be chewed in order to stop vomiting and nausea. Diabetics are also advised to drink ginger water in the morning on an empty stomach, in order to regulate their blood glucose levels.
If you mix turmeric and ginger to prepare a natural paste, you can treat muscle strains by rubbing it on the aching body parts two times a day.Also, there are many other ginger uses and some of them are:
1.It Reduces The Symptoms of Cough & Sore Throat
- Natural ginger treatments are very effective in the case of common colds and sore throat.
- All you should to do is to cut the ginger into slices and add them to boiling water.
- Then, you can also add some honey and lemon.
- This amazing natural remedy can help you relieve a sore throat and the nasal congestion.
2.It Boosts Digestion & Prevents Flatulence
- In the case of indigestion, ginger is the excellent remedy that can help you.
- Namely, in order to calm the upset stomach and avoid its bloating and gas, you only need to boil some ginger slices in water, add honey and to consume the drink.
- You will solve your problem quickly and easy.
3.It Boosts Blood Circulation
- Squeeze the juice of 50g grated ginger and add it in 4-5l hot water.
- Then, soak a cloth in the solution and apply it on the problematic body areas.
4.It Cures Headaches
- The mixture of ginger, peppermint and cayenne pepper can do miracles in the case of the unbearable migraine headaches.
- The preparation of this remedy is simple and easy: in a pot with boiling water, add a teaspoon of dried peppermint, a pinch of cayenne pepper and several ginger slices.
- Let the mixture simmer for some time, and then add raw honey or Stevia to sweeten it.
- Furthermore, you can also use it topically.
- Add half a teaspoon of ginger powder in some water and apply the paste on your forehead.
- This will effectively solve your problem with a headache.
5.It Treats Acid Reflux
- Acid blocker drugs have a detrimental effect on the stomach acid barrier, so they can lead to ulcers and stomach cancer.
- On the other hand, as reported in the Molecular Research and Food Nutrition, the ingredients of this amazing root are six times more useful than these medications.
- Due to its strong anti-inflammatory properties, ginger can also alleviate a toothache.
- All you should do is to rub some raw ginger on your gums.
- Also, you can boil it in water, cool the solution and then use it to rinse your mouth.
7.It Reduces Inflammation
- Ginger contains gingerol, an active ingredient which is very effective in fighting against cell inflammations.
- One study was done on patients suffering from muscular and arthritis pain found that the consumption of ginger successfully reduces pain and muscle swelling.
- Ginger positively affects in the case of other cell inflammation- triggered health issues, like diabetes, obesity, and Alzheimer’s.
8. It relieves Morning Sickness & Nausea
- Ginger also provides relief in the case of morning sickness during the pregnancy.
- But we should be mentioned that pregnant women should consult their doctor before they start using any new medication, herb or method.
9. It inhibits Cancer Cells
- Many different studies suggest that the use of ginger rhizomes lowers inflammation of the colon and intestines, thus reducing the risk of colon cancer.
- Also, doctors at the UMCCC (University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center) proved that this amazing root successfully inhibits ovarian cancer cells.
- What’s more, it has been shown to be even more effective than the treatments which are commonly prescribed to ovarian cancer patients, platinum-based chemotherapy treatments.